No Instagram images were found.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Comparison and Contrast: Good vs “Bad Guys” Comparison and Contrast: Good vs “Bad Guys” The title of this blog sounds like a college paper. However, I think comparison and contrast is a valuable life skill and can be applied to any area of life. These days the media is full of stories about sexual abuse, harassment and sexism. Hundreds of men […]
- HearingHearing I am imprisoned in silence Your insecurities The prison guard I utter wordless screams But you do not listen What I have to say matters You won’t you listen My thoughts are vast and deep My heart cries out Desperate for you To listen Wisdom falls from my teeth I am […]
- The Storie(s) I didn’t Intend to WriteSometimes I look back at my life and think where along the line did I hop on a train with a drunk conductor? I thought I had my story mostly figured out since I was a small child. I wanted to travel and I wanted to have a career. I did exactly that, traveled the […]
- MusingsBrutally honest and open musings. No hiding or pretending. But despite the darkness, there is hope. There is light and I am onward and upward. Freedom begets more questions Self-trust Tears, oh so many tears. When will they stop? Even with no liquid left in my body; my heart is […]
- On WarAll is fair in love and war? Fairness flies away when love Turns to war ~On War The post On War appeared first on pursuingpolaris.
- And Then the Humpbacks CameThe brilliance of the sky was only matched by the brilliance of the sea. They sat close; not touching, but close enough to soak up the presence of each other. Their minds wondered lazily, occasionally scanning the turquoise horizon for any sign of the migrating humpbacks. Sea eagles floated by on the breeze, beautiful […]
- WaitingWhere are you? I’ve been waiting My soul supplicating the universe Generations have come and passed Remember the little market we had on the street corner? The hustle and bustle of our neighbors? Scurrying to and fro on the cobble stone streets The love we shared in our tiny apartment above the shop The love […]
- On MemoriesI sit cross-legged in the dirt A little girl and grown all at once There is a fire before me The flames tell me nothing No truth in them Just the heat warming the tears on my face Smoke drifts upwards from the flames My dreams of us, my love for you up in […]
- The LetterToday, I pulled out a letter encased in a thin yellow envelope, and with shaking hands I read it, though not for the first time, for by now it’s faded and worn. Written in royal blue ink, it’s pages are slightly wrinkled at the edges. “My beautiful, beautiful baby,” it says. The post The Letter […]
- The RecipeWhen I cook, I use recipes as guidelines. I read two to three recipes on the same concept and then wing it. Kind of like my life, I seek out advice and wisdom and then usually say “YOLO” as I wing it my way. However, some recipes should not be “winged.” At eight years old […]